Blog 2 First Pass and Critique

The First Pass.


1. Composition Layers.

    For my compositional layers, I want each district of the highrise to feel unique in its own way. Some places are more tight more compact, while others might feel more open and wider. Each district will have its own sense of personality. I think this will be tough but very achievable through each place having a distinct identity I plan to keep up within their boundaries.


2. Sight and Composition Layers.

    For the sight and composition layers of my, I plan on altering the angles of the districts. I want there to be obvious sight lines and places for the player to go into each district and get a feel for those places. Though I want them to also be able to see other parts of the map that will intrigue them and persuade them to check them out.

3. Observation Spots.

    The observation spots on my level will be in each district of the highrise, each place will have an area that will enable the player to look outward towards the area and make calls on what they should do and where they should go with their newly gathered information. It will be in the form of windows and other elevated positions. Though I plan to look into other forms of information gathering via locations on the map.


4. Balance.

    The balance in the world comes from the smaller bridges and links, and the larger platform areas that are districts. Each place will have a unique feel for the area, one a helicopter landing another being a hotel, and another one is the construction area of another skyscraper. There will be a yin and yang to the level that will be clear to the player whilst inside the area as well as viewing it from a top-down perspective. 






Comments