Blog 1: Your Idea

     My Idea for the Prototype.



The Prototyped Idea.

    The idea for my original level will be that of small city rooftops, with a central "rooftop bar" area that will be the hub of the map. This place will also be under construction/about to be finished to leave some areas flexible to design. I particularly like this idea because it enables the use of some parts and pieces that I find exciting to incorporate, such as elevators, inclined areas, and catwalks. This level would be used for a combat area, where the player will fight enemies in this area, moving and keeping themselves alive with the use of terrain around them.


The Inspiration.

    I will look towards games such as DOOM, and Titanfall 2 which have unique yet simple designs for their combat areas. Those games I hold to the gold standard of combat arena design, They make their terrains simple yet quite fun with the implementation of their games movement mechanics. Furthermore, I will go back and look at the most popular levels of modern and past games that have combat areas where the player will spend more than a few minutes in. I would also like to add some environmental storytelling without much though just some simple pieces for the player to make their own conclusions about.

Comments